TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an old TV from, I guess, 1960´s. It´s a Crosley in a…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old TV from, I guess, 1960´s.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It´s a Crosley in a wood box. I think is a model between 1955 and 1960. I need the bulbs. for this kind of model.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I Think everything is working good. But I can´t se the image. I think the bulbs are the parts that have a failure. I can see only a point of light in the center of the screen.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A long time. I don´t remember. It was a long time ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No that´s all, thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that by 'bulbs' you mean the tubes, vacuum tubes specifically, which are oblong or cylindrical glass envelopes with one lighted element inside them and several other metal elements and some pins sticking out the bottom.

The light point in the center of the screen means there is no deflection voltage. This might be owing to tube failure, but it could be other components have failed, in a device that old.

This TV, to work again, will need a full-scale refurbishment and restoration/repair, just of the electronics, by a talented and capable antique or classic TV repairman. Would you be interested in referrals to such? if so tell me your region (state) please.

If you wish to replace the bulbs yourself, be warned: it is not likely to repair the problem, not by themselves, and they may be expensive. Also, you will have to identify the tubes - either by the markings on them, or by the model # of the TV.

My question it's about those vacuum tubes. I want to know the specific kind and number for the crossley models on those years and where do I could buy them.

If you cannot find out and name what model the TV is, then there is quite simply a large range of possible or probable fits for TV tubes for it, but no certainty. The model #, or even just the model name, would help a lot. Or even chassis numbers or anything like that, which might still be discernable inside the TV. ?

I will send you the info about my tv but I´m out of town and need to see it at home.

That's OK... this case will remain open for a while, until you have the data in hand. You may return to this case at any time in the next, say, 4 days or in the next week, by going to

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/alet7-old-tv-from-guess-1960-s-it-s-crosley.html