TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Want to get some help w/ my visio tv --- bottom line is --

Customer Question
Hi...want to get some...

Hi...want to get some help w/ my visio tv --- bot***** *****ne is -- despite resetting, unplugging the hdmi and power cable from the TV -- continue to get "no signal - hdmi-1 message. TV was working fine one day, came home from work the next and that message has been there ever since -- I live along so no one touched the TV

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it at costco 2 months ago....viz-m60-d1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Using the guide button on the xfinity remote? No ---

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened 10 days ago -- worked fine on a Tuesday evening -- came home from work on Wednesday -- didn't work -- nothing that i can think of --- i then left town on 7/28 and just got back yesterday or i would've contacted you sooner.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of...thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The No Signal message can be caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Did you need further assistance with this?