TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

No picture but have sound. Hdmi cable. That is my problem

no picture but have sound JA...
no picture but have sound
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: hdmi cable
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is my problem
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

LC50lb261u
the tv is black i even did the flash light test

O.k and you do get a picture in there ?

no

So the screen is totally dark and to top it off there is nothing when you try the flashlight test , is that it ?

that is right no pic and only sound
can it be repaired?

It is sometimes difficult to see the picture in the background if the screen is not lit

Very rare that you would have both the backlighting and t-con board fail at the same time

Another question;

When you first turn it on ,do you get a brief flash of light on the screen ?

no there is no flash at all just black

O.k then please give me a minute to type this down

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED tv`s nowadays
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in LG

If you had in mind to repair this yourself then i must say that this is not an easy job to do and you will have to be comfortable working with electronic circuits , here is a video that shows you how its done ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgaL6X6eSaU

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have any questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
TIA for a positive rating , much appreciated taking into consideration that this works on the honor system.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician