TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I turned it on its screen to put the legs on.it was leaned…

Customer Question
I turned it on...

I turned it on its screen to put the legs on.it was leaned against the stand.know virtually no picture.a few lines on one side. I can't see any cracks

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

65 inch Vizio don't know model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Would the mere pressure on screen cause thisos

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Is it fixable or should I trash it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

It is actually rare that the front protective screen will crack unless hit pretty hard , it is the internal layers that crack when the screen is bent too far or hit

Sorry but this one is gone .

As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

That's what I figured lesson learned

Sorry for the bad news

PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,