TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV turns on for few seconds then turns off what do I do?

Customer Question
My TV turns on...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony Bravia 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Can't turn tv on long enough

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Sometimes you can unplug then comes back on for a few minutes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

First thing to try ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Note that I don`t guarantee this as a fix but it has to be tried
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv in which case i would need the tv`s model number written on the back cover please

Model#KDL_55EX500

Thanks

Have you tried the reboot i suggested ?

Model # KDL-55EX500

Yes i have it thank you

Did you try that reboot ??

Refresh your browser if you can`t see what i`m typing and do not reply to your email but on the website

I try that but just on &off

O.k and does the light blink at the front ?

If it does then it should give an error code , for example 7 blinks/ pause /7 blinks and so on

Could you please give me the number of blinks between short pauses ?

Try that but it just turns on off

Make sure you scroll down to the last line at the bottom

I`m going to send you a phone offer , this does not seem to work in text mode

If you can figure the website on your side then great , otherwise we can do this by phone , just accept my offer