TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My remote control will turn my TV on and off, but the other…

Customer Question
My remote control will...

My remote control will turn my TV on and off, but the other controls don't work

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?

Samsung 32 inch smart TV. The remote came with the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works except the power button

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started this morning. I accidentally pressed my hand on the face of it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No ma'am

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Let me know when you are in the chat please by replying in the box below

Anthony

I'm here

Ok typing......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhhJykgD-g

Just click the link above please to check the remote to see if it works , let me know the results

Anthony

I did what was directed, and the red light is visible

Sorry my internet got struck in a storm

OK so what you are saying is the TV is stuck in standby red light on the TV itself is lit solid TV wont come on with the remote or at the set itself is this correct?

I fixed it. Googled it

ok what was the problem?

Basically like a computer, I had to reboot it by pointing it at the tv while pressing menu until it rebooted. Took a few minutes

OK

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician