TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My vizio m470nv just the insignia at the bottom. it will…

Customer Question
My vizio m470nv just...

My vizio m470nv just flasher the insignia at the bottom. it will flash white 18 times interspersed with18 orange flashes. what might be wrong

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought in 2010 model m470nv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu. . no sources connected at present started when connected to dish hopper

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened a little over a week ago. did have a power loss of electriy during night. tv and hopper turned off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
8/5/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand, whenever these symptoms occur after a storm or power outage, this usually means the Mainboard or in some cases the Power Supply Board within the TV has failed- and requires repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (located on the lower left hand SIDE of the TV), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

tried 2 times, still just flashes

Does the light start flashing immediately after you plug in the set? Or only after you press the power button please?

only after pushing button

Okay, unfortunately this does indicate a hardware fault in the set, with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There are no settings/adjustments that will cause the TV to shut itself down. The only other attempt at a quick fix, is to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $250 range, and generally not cost effective as a brand new 46" Vizio LED Smart TV costs about the same money. These sets are designed to fit a price point, and generally not cost effective to repair I'm afraid. However, if you'd like to inquire about repairs, or seek another opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician