Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am getting a message that no cable is connected to the

Customer Question

I am getting a message that no cable is connected to the HDMI port on my TV. I have Comcast cable. I changed cable boxes but still get the same error message. I tried a new HDMI cable, but still get the same message. I can access Netflix, but no cable TV
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Its a 3 year old Samsung smart TV. Worked with Comcast but they could not find anything wrong. Our other TV works just fine with cable.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I can get the menu and yes it appears the other sources have the same problem.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV worked fine this morning but this afternoon when I turned it on, it wouldn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried one of the intreat fixes--turning everything off and disconnecting HDMI devices--for 10 minutes and then restarting them. Did not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?