TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Netflix stopped communicating all of a sudden with our

Customer Question
Netflix stopped communicating all...

Netflix stopped communicating all of a sudden with our 2-year old Sharp Aquos LC-60LE660U. When using the remotes Netflix button or when clicking on the Smart App for Netflix, the screen goes black for 3-5 seconds and then goes right back to the channel that the Dish system was tuned into. I have worked with both Sharp and Netflix experts. We went through all the steps...hard factory reset, double checking the firmware version, hooking up an Ethernet cable to eliminate a possible weak wifi signal, etc. all to no avail. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'm guessing, but I think it will only be 3 years old come the next February. Sharp Aquos LC-60LE660U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, all inputs seem fine as well as all other Smart apps work great

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We do not watch Netflix every week, but we first noticed it over Memorial Day weekend. I called Netflix on May 30th and was told it was a Sharp issue. I worked off and on with Sharp as time and traveling permitted, including today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

I just talked to Netflix again as Sharp experts told me it had to be a Netflix error. Netflix could only suggest waiting for the next firmware update as there may be some type of corruption occurring with the app. Also, when Sharp and I perform a hard factory reset (not through the TV's menu, but by holding buttons down, unplugging, etc, to reach the service screens, the screen goes red with this: ERROR: NOT FINISH SIGNAL ADJUSTMENT (9E00). Then the tv needs unplugged and plugged back in to work, along with resetting the internet.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 2 days by:
8/7/2017
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I apologize that you had to wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?

CANCEL
Please respond by writing. I'm at work now and cannot take any calls, nor do I wish to pay anymore until I'm certsin the isdue is corrected.
Canel the phone call please, but still redpond with your answer.
I can respond in writing only right now.

I have read over your initial response and I can see that you have tried every available option for fixing the issue with Netflix and Sharp.

If you performed a factory reset on the TV itself, it should have fixed the issue with Netflix and if Netflix is saying that their next update should fix the issue then there isn't anything else that can be done.