TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2008 50" LCD Panasonic tv it has been unplugged.

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?

When I try to re plug tv and turn it on it is flashin red light only

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Blank screen

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
8/4/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

How long was it left unplugged and how long now since you plugged it back ?

Not unplugged long left it plugged in
Hello

Hi

No not live

It was working before unplugging it ?

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

Any issue prior to this ?

Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?

YesThis happened before but I finally got it working by unplug and re plugged

O.k then please give me a couple minutes to type this down

Unplug for about 15 minutes and tried unplugging for a couple of minutes only

What you have is a typical case of weak/vented capacitors and they do not like to be left uncharged /unplugged for any length of time .

This would`ve happened anyway .

The only way to repair this would be to replace them or replace the power board if you are into this

In which case I will need the TV's model number .

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then typically to have this 2008 50" tv repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 9 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $400 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do take the time to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician