TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have insignia tv about 3 years old (HD) NS46E570A11, serial…

Customer Question
Have insignia tv about...

Have insignia tv about 3 years old (HD) NS46E570A11

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Serial # akba6ya000709

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I just purchased a ROCU ultra and appropriate cable. placed it on a separate channel so satallite on one channel works great. my dvd ,on another, it tpp works great and the roku on a third. the picture and the function of going from program to program works great. BUT cannot get sound. have tried everything. whats next

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just got the devise yesterday. just cant get it hooked up to get audio with a great picture.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No i hope he can help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/4/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

So you are using a hdmi connection from the roku to the insignia (presumably on the hdmi3 port), correct?

Are you using only the tvs own internal speakers, or do you have some other sound system there?

that port tv's internal speakers no other sound system
i have checked cable with another roku and it was fine i sent the first roku back to where i bought it since we couldnt get audio and they sent me a second one and again we get great picture and no audio

Thank you for confirming,

There may be some inherent incompatibilities and communication issues here when trying to use that new more advanced roku with the older and very basic model that can't handle some of the surround/signal formats from the roku.

If you have a newer/better tv, it would be worth testing the roku on it to see if sound works there.

Then go into the roku menu and look for the audio options and an audio output/format setting, changing that to pcm/stereo and testing for audio at that point.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.