Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv model # LN40c630 displays verticle lines with all the

Customer Question

My tv model # LN40c630 displays verticle lines with all the colors. It goes away after several minutes.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung Model LN$)C630, about 5 or 6 years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Appears on all sources. What does tv menu mean?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this problem appeared about a week ago. Nothing special happened before it appeared.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The problem appears when I look at cable tv and Netflix on the internet. The problem on the internet is not as colourful.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

What "tv menu" means, is using the original Samsung remote and pressing MENU, and seeing IF the MENU displays clearly, EVEN WHEN those lines are on the screen. Can you check that please and post back here with the results?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Simply read my reply on the page, and send one back to me to communicate and proceed.