TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to download Sling tv app. The yahoo connected tv…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to download Sling tv app. The yahoo connected tv store says, "to turn off/on my tv and press the Apps button" in order to complete a software update. Nothing on my remote is an "Apps button." what do I press?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Vizio E550i-AO

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything else works - Netflix...amazon...all other apps - I just cannot get to a place that allows me to download a new app that was not already pre-installed.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Never tried it before - first time to try to download an app not already pre-loaded

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/4/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please confirm where you are seeing this message - can you attach a screenshot?