TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am unable to bring up my television screen. All I'm

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to bring up my television screen. All I'm getting is the purple screen with the number 3 in the upper right hand corner. I have had this problem before, but have forgotten how to remedy it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Sony Bravia, roughly ten years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It happened last night and I've tried consulting my owners manual without any real help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/4/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Model number is ***** Connected are cable box, DVD player.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

No thank you. I'll contact my local station for further assistance. Thank you, Khalid

Khalid, did you get my previous reply?