Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My screen says update time- a tech/friend tried that this

Customer Question

my screen says update time- a tech/friend tried that this afternoon but the update sign is still on--how can I just get rid of it---the programs are coming
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: NsX-32GT1--about five years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started when it was temporarily unplugged. A tech friend tried to reset it, but I don't know what he tried--whatever the update sign is still there.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this happened once before when the electricity in my building went off for a few
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.
Power on the television.On the Keypad, simultaneously press the "Fn" and "1" keys to open the "Settings" menu.On the "Settings" menu, use the arrow buttons to select "About", and then press "ENTER".At the "About" screen, use the arrow buttons to select "System updates", and then press "ENTER".Note: If the message "Your system is currently up to date." is displayed, your television already has the latest software installed.At the "System updates" screen, use the arrow buttons to select "Restart & install" and then press "ENTER".The "Updating..." screen appears and the system update starts.When the update process is complete, the television automatically restarts.WARNING!! Do not unplug the power cable before the television automatically restarts.