TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We had a media com outage and now can not get any channels,

Customer Question
We had a media...

We had a media com outage and now can not get any channels, says the HDMI is not connected but it is. Have a samsung smart tv with a not so smart user?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No, it hasn't. TV is about 2 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Occurred after this eve.mediacom outage, around 5:00 PM in Prior Lake. We tried auto reset, then went thru complete set up reset.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

No, just want to watch tv

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

First make sure the tv is still on the correct source i.e HDMI 1 if that is where the cable box is connected and if it is then pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.

In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.

At this point if you still have nothing then check the source again

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here still at any time after rating if you have questions.