TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv was on when I went to sleep but when I woke up I had…

Customer Question
My tv was on...

My tv was on when I went to sleep but when I woke up I had sound but no picture. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?

I haven't had any other issues. It's a 42" Visio he flat screen.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It happened for the first time today. I've tried turning it off and back on and it didn't help as far as anything else, I have no picture to follow any other trouble shooting

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Sanyo dp42d23

O.k but you were saying vizio in your opening post ??

but I was wrong

No problem

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

It's dark like when the tv is off, but, it has sound

O.k then turn it off and when you first turn it on ,do you get a brief flash of light on the screen before it goes dark ?

No flash at all.

O.k then there is more than a good chance that you have defective LED strips at the back on the panel and this shuts down the whole thing

Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in sanyo

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/heesung-hc500dun-vcfp1-11xx-led-strips-12-strips.htm

Mind you they don`t have it in stock at this time , these guys can`t keep up with the demand but if you were to look into this yourself then you could sign up there to be notified when back in stock but i must say that this is not an easy job to do and you will have to be comfortable working with electronic circuits , here is a video that shows you how its done , not your model but the same job ;

https://youtu.be/qGk6Nx82SCA

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

You can buy a new 42" tv for what it would cost to have it repaired by the way .

You could take a chance on the led driver board that cost around $40 but i doubt very much it would fix the problem

Sorry for the bad news here and wish there was some sort of reset but not the case

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Even if the sound is still working?

Yes , those are 2 completely different circuit and this tells me the power supply is working

It is a very common problem with LED tv`s now

Ok thank you

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician