TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Seiki 4K and the blue light is on but the screen…

Customer Question
We have a Seiki...

We have a Seiki 4K and the blue light is on but the screen is black with no sound.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Seiki TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

It's plugged into the HDMI1 spot on the back of the TV

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/3/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

1. SE55UY04
2. connected to VCR and Cable Box

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

the screen is black but we have sound.

OK, we need to do a test on this TV that will help to diagnose the issue.

- Do you see a dim picture if shine a flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

no

OK, it is either power supply or main board failure in TV that is causing the problem, sorry about this news.

Please click following board supplier link to view power supply and main board image and part number info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/seiki/se55uy04

Main board is most likely defective in TV and should be replaced as first thing to fix the problem.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.