TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture is not on, only the sound. What do we do? Flat…

Customer Question
The picture is not...

The picture is not on, only the sound. What do we do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Flat screen Vizio 47 inch. about 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No problem with other tvs. We can change channels with the remote but all we get is sound.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

We were watching the tv this morning when all of a sudden the screen went black.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/3/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen .

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?