TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sharp TV that i am trying to plug a amazon fire…

Customer Question
I have a sharp...

I have a sharp TV that i am trying to plug a amazon fire stick into the HDMI 3 port on the side. It does not get recognized on the input menu. What do i do?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have called in before and have an account of record of some kind in the system ....maybe 2013

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All inputs work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Tonight is the first time I have tried the fire stick....Direct TV is one HDMI and the DVD player is another they work fine....the HDMI on the side as you look at the TV (left) has a usb and a HDMI 3

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/3/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you tell me the model number from the back of the tv?
Does the stick work on any of the other ports?

LC70LE660U

If not sure, can you try?

it works on another tv

I mean on the sharp though,

if you plug the stick into hdmi1, hdmi2, etc will it work on those?

Is hdmi3 just not showing in the input list at all? Or it shows and you can select it, but nothing comes up?

It shows but is greyed out and not available for selecting

Okay that can be a hardware issue (bad port, not detecting the stick), or just a setting.
Go into the sharp setup menu and look for the Input Labels options, there you will have the option to relabel the inputs (such as cable, dvd, etc) as well as to "hide" them. The hdmi3 may be disabled there, if so you can enable/unhide or label it (like media player) and then test if it will recognize the stick to allow you to select it.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.