TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The TV was shut off with the cable box still turned on but…

Customer Question
The TV was shut...

The TV was shut off with the cable box still turned on but when I returned 12 hours later I came home to find my TV on with a light blue screen. There are also nearly horizontal white lines every three quarter of an inch. There was no sound . I shut everything off and restarted. It functioned for sound and showed the screen and channel description but the screen display is still a light blue tinted screen. Every channel is in this condition. any solution?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

0ne yellow cable to a dvd player

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

My stove clock usually shows a problem if it is of long duration. it was OK. I was 10 miles from hom for the 12 hour period.. no outages there.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

TV is a 16 year old RCA box style

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/3/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you have this same issue on the dvd player as well as cable?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know; I have not turned that on.

Will you please go test that for me? Being able to test multiple sources is an important part of the diagnostic process.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The DVD player was unplugged from power.

Please plug it in and test the dvd as you would normally watch it, turning it on, setting the tv input, etc.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.