TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My screen is blinking a red light, i have a channel selected…

Customer Question
My screen is blinking...

My screen is blinking a red light, i have a channel selected and the cable company told me it is my panasonic screen, can you help ?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

It was given to me so I am not sure of the model. Is it printed on the screen somewhere?This just happened during a thunder storm.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Called cable and he tried and said the cable was ok but it must be the screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know anything about tv's

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

hello model # th 42px6u
no

If you received a phone offer or any offers are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m not an employee here but an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

I have given you the model # did you receive it?

yes thank you

While the light blinks at the front , does it take short pauses ?

For example 7 blinks/pause/7 blinks and so on ?

O.k then could you give me the count ?

How many blinks between pauses?

it will take me a little time

No problem , take your time

10 blinks and then a pause

o.k then please give me a couple minutes on this

ok

This error code would point to the main (A) board

Try this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Note that I don`t guarantee this as a fix but it has to be tried

let me know how that goes.

ok it is still not going the light is still blinking

Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it but it had to be tried
This PA board cost some $50 to buy and may be difficult to find considering the age of the tv

to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 10 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $300 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

please do not charge me any more then $5.00 as was the agreement, answer with your reply,please
thanks

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****