TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Th-50PH11UK remote turns off TV. Remote turns on and gets…

Customer Question
Th-50PH11UK remote...

Th-50PH11UK remote turns off TV. Remote turns on and gets flashing red light and no working TV. help

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

I just sent it to you

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I get only flashing light on bottom corner. screen is black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Flashing red light

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/2/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello

Hi

While the light blinks at the front , does it take short pauses ?

let me look

For example 7 blinks/pause/7 blinks and so on ?

no constant flashing red
No, I was wrong. It does pause.
No, it pauses as you said

O.k then could you give me the count ?

it pauses as you suggested

O.k then could you give me the count ?

How many blinks between pauses?

10 red blinks and a pause

Thanks , give me a minute please

unfortunately, I now have to run to the bank before it closes, so my wife informs me. if you have an answer, or I can reconnect a little later, let me know. sorry.

No problem and i do have an answer

Bookmark this page so you can get back here easily

This code points to a defective DS terminal board that you ca see and buy at the link below for $18 if you are into this ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-tnpa4423-ds-board.htm

But before buying anything try this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Note that I don`t guarantee this as a fix but it has to be tried

If repairing this yourself is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at some 9 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $400 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

I think your money would be better invested in a new tv .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

many thanks, I can change the part out.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.