Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sharp 65" LED Smart Tv (Model #: LC-65LE654). I've

Customer Question

I have a Sharp 65" LED Smart Tv (Model #: LC-65LE654). I've only had it for two years, but today it just crapped out on me. It completely froze--where it wouldn't respond to anything from the remote or even from the manual buttons on the side of the tv. After unplugging it and plugging it back in, The word "Sharp" appears on the screen like normal, but then the screen remains blank. I called Sharp and after going through the same motions that I already tried (hitting Menu on the remote and tv side panel, multiple hard resets), he inevitably gave me a number to a TV technician. If my tv is fried, that means it's going to cost a boatload to fix it, if I'm correct. What are your thoughts on what's wrong with it? Is it something major? Or is it an easy fix that I can do myself?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought the tv on May 9, 2016. The exact model (the one shown on the tv) is: LC-65LE654U
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu does not work, and all sources/inputs do not work either.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has never happened before. Although, for the past 6 months or so, I've been having problems with the sound randomly going out. Immediately before the computer lost all picture and sound, I was mirroring a video from my phone. I tried to turn the sound up on the tv with the remote, but the volume bar froze. I tried to push several buttons on the remote, but the tv was not responding to anything. I then tried to turn the tv off manually, but none of the side panel buttons worked either. I then unplugged it, waited about 15 seconds, and plugged it back in. Since then I have not been able to get picture or sound. The only thing that shows up is the "Sharp" label when the tv is powered back on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I believe that's it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Just to clarify, do you get Sharp logo on screen every time power On the TV?