TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm trying to set up a Sony Bravia 40EX500 to a new DirecTV…

Customer Question
I'm trying to set...

I'm trying to set up a Sony Bravia 40EX500 to a new DirecTV account. Stumped as to how to do it. There appears to be no internet capability.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I put the model # in my question

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Brand new issues we just moved and have a new DirecTV account

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

We have a kick ass new router as well

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/2/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

When you say a directv account, are you referring to connecting a satellite receiver box? Or something else?

we have a satellite receiver

Okay do you know the model number of the receiver?

Not home right now I will get back with you in about one hour

No problem, thanks!

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.