TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lost sound all at once yesterday. Have double checked

Customer Question
Lost sound all at...

Lost sound all at once yesterday. Have double checked everything.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Magnavox HDMI, slim led 2013

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magnavox product?

Menu, on tv controls

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

2013

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. Menus works have hooked to DVD. Cable disconnected 7/31, all taken away and sound was good til yesterday

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
8/2/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Aric, Technician