Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I wanted to buy a Panasonic IR6 remote control device. I

Customer Question

I wanted to buy a Panasonic IR6 remote control device. I tried the Panasonic home screen and its various steps; but I was referred to JBHiFi, Myer, etc. WHERE I HAD ALREADY UNSUCCESSFULLY TRIED. What n ext?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The Make is Panasonic; I don't know the year; the only thing I can find which would appear to be an identifying "code" is DVD IR6.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has gradually weakened; now some buttons do not work at all. I tried Fresh batteries, but they do not help. I need a replacement one because the set-top box was bought to provide digital response to an older set [now replaced with digital.] The box brings all programs/channels through its two receiver channels before they get to the TV.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just whether this remote control is still available, and how much it costs, since I am a pensioner and cost is a consideration.
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: Well, let's try.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic product where the remote would be used with.