TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I wanted to buy a Panasonic IR6 remote control device. I…

Customer Question
I wanted to buy...

I wanted to buy a Panasonic IR6 remote control device. I tried the Panasonic home screen and its various steps; but I was referred to JBHiFi, Myer, etc. WHERE I HAD ALREADY UNSUCCESSFULLY TRIED. What n ext?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The Make is Panasonic; I don't know the year; the only thing I can find which would appear to be an identifying "code" is DVD IR6.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has gradually weakened; now some buttons do not work at all. I tried Fresh batteries, but they do not help. I need a replacement one because the set-top box was bought to provide digital response to an older set [now replaced with digital.] The box brings all programs/channels through its two receiver channels before they get to the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Just whether this remote control is still available, and how much it costs, since I am a pensioner and cost is a consideration.

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Well, let's try.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/2/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic product where the remote would be used with.