TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have only a vga output from my computer and my visio only…

Customer Question
I have only a...

I have only a vga output from my computer and my visio only has hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it 8 months ago from bestbuy

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and I have been able to connect it to a lab top or wifi but this particular connection only has vga... I tried a converter able but no help

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This was the first try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/2/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry I don't have the tv in front of me it's being used in a church.... it is a new vision 75 inch screen

That makes it difficult to give specifics, but if the tv doesn't have a vga port, then you would require the use an external device. However vga to hdmi converter boxes rarely work. A direct hdmi to vga cable will not work at all.

Your best option would instead be an external graphics card that runs off the computer usb, and outputs directly to hdmi which can feed the tv. Here is an example of one I'd suggest: http://amzn.to/2f7Jn6W

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.