Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to connect a Sabre SB35 sounder to my LG55uf770v

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a Sabre SB35 sounder to my LG55uf770v tv. Manual for sounder says I need to programme the soundbar (on/off, vol +/- and mute) to the TV remote. It gets so fra but once TV is turned the YTV remote will not operate the sounder. Your suggestions please?
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your LG55UF770V connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes, I have had a technician here fro last two hours trying all possibilities.
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: HDMI from source selector to HDMI1 port and ARC cable between HDMI2 and soundbar as well as optical cable
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Have you disabled the tvs own internal speakers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Okay if you are using the hdmi/arc connection, no programming should be needed at all, the tv should relay volume commands to the soundbar. At least that is the intent, when using "off brand" systems like the sabre, and when mixing different manufacturers though this often just doesn't work in the real world as there are many compatibility issues.
What you can check is going into the lg menu to make sure that the hdmi control (cec, anynet, etc) functions are all enabled.

If that still doesn't help, then the tv remote is not capable of controlling this particular soundbar and you'd have to either use 2 separate remotes ofr them, or consider returning the sabre and getting an LG soundbar instead that would fully integrate with the tv.

Best regards,