TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Why does tv just turn off while watching it? It is a Sony…

Customer Question
Why does tv just...

Why does tv just turn off while watching it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Sony KDL-52XBR9. PURCHASED IN DECEMBER 2009

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

NO

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

2 DAYS. I WASSA

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

1 DAY. I WAS WATCHING IT AND IT JUST WENT OFF.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/2/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried unplugging the Sony for an extended period of time?

For how long please?

The longer the better as this would simulate a soft RESET and dissipate residual power.

The alternative and/or if not corrective would be an internal hardware issue.

If so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?