Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The Sony will not turn on. The screen is totally dark. The

Customer Question

The Sony will not turn on. The screen is totally dark. The cable box is on and the system has been rebooted by Spectrum.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: Bravaria, XBR The problem occurred today. No picture. I've tried the power button on top edge of the set a number of times.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Buttons on top of set are
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Buttons on top of set are HOME, Input, Vol, Channel, Power. I pressed Home but nothing happened.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The set was working this morning. Wonder if the cleaning woman hit some button?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

- Does power indicator on TV turn On or blink when press power button?

- Does screen glow/ show any thing when turn On TV power?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Serial # Sony KDL 32XBR4
No. The power indicator does not turn on or blink when I press the power button. Nothing happens.
No. The screen does onto glow or show anything when I press the POWER button. Nothing happens.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just disconnected the power source for the cable box and the tv. I will replug in ten minutes. No, I do not want to switch to a live phone call.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, please take your time.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have just reconnected the cable box (which was working before I disconnected it) and it is rebooting. I hope it doesn't take ten minutes, but of course I'll wait. I tried turning the TV on manually with the power button and it doesn't turn on. Still a black no picture screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK and still no power light lit on TV?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I also checked the main fuse box for the house and there is power. No power light on the TV. I can turn on the cable box (which is still rebooting) with the remote but the TV doesn't respond with the remote either.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

OK, this test confirmed that power supply board in TV has failed and not providing voltage supply to other circuit boards in TV thus no sign of life in TV.

Please reply power supply board in TV which is available with following supplier for $24..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-474-052-12-power-unit-g1h.htm.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, what's up? Do you have to consult with a Genius? Help, please!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Did you get my previous reply?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If not yet, should I post it again here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it just arrived. It's a disappointment, but reality.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will my $5 deposit be automatically credited to my charge card or do I have to do more to get it back.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I wish there was an easy/ quick fix available for it but it is hardware related failure that needs defective circuit board replacement to resolve the problem. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

I guess you are not appreciating my efforts to diagnose the problem in your TV here that saved your $100 of estimate from local TV repair shop, is it?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

If all of troubleshooting is worthless, please contact customer service via help link on main page of website for any billing/ refund issue as I have no control over such matters.

Thanks,