TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Click on power up...the lower right buttons do a boot up and…

Customer Question
Click on power up...the...

Click on power up...the lower right buttons do a boot up and I have a black screen

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

The face down with the back cover off...nothing is connected except for the power cord all voltages out of the power supply are present with the boards plugged in

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/1/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 11 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?

Any pop up messages you may see are sent by the site not me, I am only available by chat myself (typing here)however if you take the phone call option another tech on the phone team may help

lg 55le5400

So is the power light lit as though the set is ON?

Do you have sound or did you have sound

Anthony

I have basic electronics background and a fluke 189, the back cover off, and have read all the power supply voltages as being present with the boards plugged in

I understand but I need to know what I have asked above please thanks

the fronts lights are lit. I cannot verify sound as I have nothing plugged in.
I cannot see the menu screen to verify the volume level

So powerlight lit as though set is running mode ON

Can you see any visible light at all on the display even in a dark room?

Copy you have no sets own menu either

let me check the light levels in a dark room....gimme 5

OK all this is relevant thanks

I cannot see any light on the screen...it is black
Can you clarify "copy you have sets own menu either"

You cant bring up the sets own menu copy means I understand

LG sets are very prone to back-light failure (you have no back-lights lit) the thing is its a very awkward job to replace the back-lights here is a video for a related model to show you the work involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGk6Nx82SCA

Let me know your thoughts once you have seen the video