TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a 26 inch vizio tv screen came up & send this tv is…

Customer Question
We have a 26...

We have a 26 inch vizio tv screen came up & send this tv is not connected to a device..

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

E260va

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tvmenuedoes notwork

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Worked till midnight turned back on at 6am message came up.this tv is hardlyusedbought brand new!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Changed HDMI cables changed the HDMI ports

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Ok this is 26 in vizio hardleyever used..would not go back in

I got this info in your opening question post.

I need to know what video source/ device is connected to TV or how do you receive channels on this TV?

Is not hooked up to any other things but cable att uverse not wireless
Cannot afford to pay extra $26 to talk wirh you

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

OK, so TV is connected to basic coax cable service that comes from wall and plugs directly into antenna port of TV, correct?

If that is, please press Input button on Vizio remote to get input source list and select TV source, do you get picture on TV?

Does not work tried it with vizio customer support & AT&T uverse..

So you have AT&T remote as well to change channels on TV, correct?

that is what we use the at&T remote

Then there would be a cable box of uverse hooked into HDMI input of TV, please try following suggestion..

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes, press input button on Vizio remote to select HDMI input and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

use the remote that goes with tv too
Have done this..

I would recommend to use Vizio TV remote to select correct HDMI input then use AT&T remote to change channels.

The menue will not come up..

OK, you have done that.

You mean no menu show up when push menu button on Vizio Remote?

even buttons on side of tv no volume no nothing..

OK, does power indicator light on TV light up or blink?

Does TV screen glow/ show backlight when turn On TV power?

Lights up back/ says Vizio first then message this tv is not connected to a device

OK and if you push menu button on TV or its remote, does TV own menu screen show up?

I mentioned that already no screen can you fix this? Are u in the area of Wayne County mi?if you are not a repairman I do not wish to continue.
And return my money.
Thank you

Let me opt out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further.

No thank you just goid the transaction please this is not working and is not what I thought it was.
Louie, Technician