TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have audio, no picture on Samsung model UN46H203AF. If I…

Customer Question
I have audio, no...

I have audio, no picture on Samsung model UN46H203AF. If I hold a flashlight I can see very dark picture.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your UN46H203AF?

HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

I've read it could be motherboard?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
8/1/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you can see my reply ?
By the way, please note that I do not send any offers myself(phone or otherwise) , they are automated by the website

When you first turn it on ,do you get a brief flash of light or perhaps the company logo on the screen before it goes dark ?

No, it dark
Thank you I'll call someone

O.k then you definitely have a backlighting problem

Give me a minute on this please

Still with me here ??

What you have here is more than likely defective LED strips at the back of the panel and i can tell you that this pretty much kills a 46" tv

Do not call a local repairman unless you are ready to pay $100 + to have him tell you that this will cost over $250 to repair

Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in samsung

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/heesung-hc500dun-vcfp1-11xx-led-strips-12-strips.htm

Mind you they don`t have it in stock at this time , these guys can`t keep up with the demand

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you