TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Rdk-03033 message. TV and cable function for a while, then…

Customer Question
Rdk-03033 message. TV and...

Rdk-03033 message. TV and cable function for a while, then after leaving the set on one channel for a while, the remote no longer will change channels, and "we're having trouble connecting to the x1 platform" message. This has happened with 2 different cable boxes. My secondary simple cable box works fine on my upstairs TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

I have a vizio 55 inch TV. model E50-c1 the lockup occurred multiple times with my initial cable box, so I thought it was the box. took it back for replacement, and the new one is now doing the same thing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've unplugged everything, waited 1 minute, then plugged it all back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Just that the problem has occurred with multiple boxes and remotes. and the secondary basic cable setup in my upstairs room works find

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/1/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you can see my reply ?
By the way, please note that I do not send any offers myself(phone or otherwise) , they are automated by the website

This is a comcast problem , not the tv

Reboot the cable box by pulling its power cord 30 secs and if that does not work then have it replaced again

I must see this complaint 20 times a week here , it would seem to be a bug with their system

Again this is definitely not a tv problem

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .