Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Rdk-03033 message. TV and cable function for a while, then

Customer Question

rdk-03033 message. TV and cable function for a while, then after leaving the set on one channel for a while, the remote no longer will change channels, and "we're having trouble connecting to the x1 platform" message. This has happened with 2 different cable boxes. My secondary simple cable box works fine on my upstairs TV
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: I have a vizio 55 inch TV. model E50-c1 the lockup occurred multiple times with my initial cable box, so I thought it was the box. took it back for replacement, and the new one is now doing the same thing
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've unplugged everything, waited 1 minute, then plugged it all back.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that the problem has occurred with multiple boxes and remotes. and the secondary basic cable setup in my upstairs room works find
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you can see my reply ?
By the way, please note that I do not send any offers myself(phone or otherwise) , they are automated by the website

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

This is a comcast problem , not the tv

Reboot the cable box by pulling its power cord 30 secs and if that does not work then have it replaced again

I must see this complaint 20 times a week here , it would seem to be a bug with their system

Again this is definitely not a tv problem

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .