TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Vizio e601-a3 No pix, No sound, Has Backlight... T-con

Customer Question
Vizio e601-a3 No pix, No...
Vizio e601-a3 No pix, No sound, Has Backlight...
T-con checks BAD. But not sure if Panel caused the issue..
Any Help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Sorry, does have sound..
Any way to check the Panel to verify if bad?
8/1/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
I am reviewing your question and will post again momentarily.
Please send me a hello in the mean time so i know you can see my reply ?
By the way, please note that I do not send any offers myself(phone or otherwise) , they are automated by the website

Hello...

Hello

There are no ways of checking the panel beside trying a new t-con

In any case i doubt very much the panel would have blown the t-con , never seen that myself

At worse you wont get a picture

The t-con`s just fail , that is all

There are some 4 versions of that t-con by the way and you will need to match yours with one of those at the link below ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/e601i-a3

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

I tested the T-con as per Shop Jimmy...TESTS BAD, although they say the panel causes it to fail 75% of all cases..
That's my concern...I have already ordered the T-con from them but still have time to cancel..
Sound is fine, light blue backlight..

Unless it is a problem particular to this model , this is rare and again , no ways to test the panel without trying another t-con

I ordered the SAME #'s on board, however the serial # of the TV is not the same..

You mean the prefix letters do not match ?

How about the letters stamped on the t-con itself , do they match what you ordered

No, the #'s on my T-con board are apparently used for different S/N TV?
the #'s on my T-con board match what I ordered...
Just don't want to blow the replacement T-con board..

Yes its quite possible but i mean does the numbers and letters on the t-con itself match ??

Thats the most important here

Here is an example , take a look at this one and all the boards it can replace

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-vizio-runtk5261tpze-cpwbx5261tpze-t-con-board.htm

This one has ZE stamped on it

Mine has ZM on it, that's what I ordered..

Thats good then , better by the part number

Again, my concern is that they claim T-con board failure is caused by Panel..
Although there is some reports of Vizio T-con board having failed..

Again there is NO way of knowing without trying another one

Have you experienced just a bad T-con as causing issue?
And replacing it cured problem..

One thing though , vizio is known for bad panels but usually are spots or lines etc.

Yes 95% of the time the t-con fix the problem

Unless this specific model has that issue

ALSO, I just tried to repair a friends Insignia NSLCD37-09 for Solarization, T-con did not fix, However it is 85% better?

Bad lvds cable possibly

RE-seated several times, NG.
I think LG (Insignia) panel may be BAD

Could be

Sorry but i will opt out now

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician