TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Turned on tv this morn and have a noticeable black box area…

Customer Question
Turned on tv this...

Turned on tv this morn and have a noticeable black box area in upper left about 1/4 of screen

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Tv only 18 months old

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/1/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please