TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Toshiba Satellite Lake s4 and I can't get it to power…

I have Toshiba Satellite Lake...
I have Toshiba Satellite Lake s4 and I can't get it to power up and the power supply will have a green lite till I plug it into the lap top the the light will start going on and off .why can't I turn it on
8/1/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you please disconnect the power cable and then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, try to power it on and tell me please if it then starts.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Richard, Technician
It still is just flashin a Lil green light on the power plant and no lights at all are coming on the laptop.
Phone call session started

calling

I have swapped the cord for the 19v at 3.42 amp and still get the flashing green light when connected what else should I do

ok, power it off, hold down 0 and with it held, power it on

Any change then?

It will not give me any power on the laptop on any indicator lights but the box goes from a steady green light to a flashing green light as soon as the power cable connects. It was working yesterday?

Ok, and you tried a different power socket on the wall?

The results are the same. It started this after I plugged a 30 volt max output box to the laptop on accident since it has done the flashing green light

ok... I suspected the power board inside the laptop had faulted, but when you tell me you connected 30 volts that is 100% the problem.

The motherboard will need replacing in the Laptop this is what has faulted.

If there are no burn marks from the 30volt unit (there can be as it is over twice what it can handle) then it will be covered by warranty and replaced at no cost, else your looking at a repair bill of about $200 including labor.

Richard, Technician