TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Bravia TV KDL-HX700 it has internet access and some…

Customer Question
I have a Bravia...

I have a Bravia TV KDL-HX700 it has internet access and some services such as Iview but not a browser, can I install a browser?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bravia KDL-46HX700, ABOUT SEVEN YEARS OLD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

THE MENU WORKS BUT DOES NOT HAVE ANY APPS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have never had a browser, I have updated the TV on a number of occasions. I wish to access AFL football through Telstra

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/1/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

No sorry you cannot directly on the TV, one was not written for it.

the closest you can come is to install an adapter such as the Google Chrome cast from www.google.com/chromecast

You connect this to the TV, then you connect your phone wirelessly to the adapter and the TV can mirror the screen of the phone, so you can use the browser on the phone and display it on the TV, same goes for your computer, you can connect it to this adapter and mirror the screen to display on the TV.

But it is one of the only ways to achieve this.