Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Netflix will not play: says I cannot connect to wifi and

Customer Question

My Netflix will not play: says I cannot connect to wifi and I am connected.
JA: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?
Customer: then it say enter a PIN #. Don't have one that I know of. I am a hot mess trying to get this to work. Netflix says it is probably something to do with the TV.
JA: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: Yes, unplugged, wait, plug in. No help
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know why it says I am not connected to wifi when I know I am connected with this computer. Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
UN46F6350AFXZA
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you going to help?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Yes, please allow me time to respond.

The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

You need to go into the samsung settings menu,

under network, to Wifi (wireless),

there you'll see a list of wifi networks, you should see your own and possibly a few of your neighbors. You need to highlight/select the network that belongs to you, and you'll then be prompted to enter your wifi network password. You do need to know what that is, and to type it in exactly. Once that is done, you can go test out netflix again and let me know the results.

Thank you,