Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

For awhile it has been freezing on one channel and we were

Customer Question

Hi. For awhile it has been freezing on one channel and we were having to go to the surge protector and turn it off and back on. This would send the TV back to the previous channel. Now it is so frozen on the one channel that nothing works. When powered back on, it is still on the same channel and is totally unresponsive to either the remote or the TV buttons.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Let me check.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Model #NS-39D400NA14. The menu button doesn't do anything. No buttons do anything that I can tell.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your #NS-39D400NA14? What happened right before this?
Customer: Maybe a year ago. We don't know of anything that happened. We had hooked up a Roku box to it several years before that.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

How do you get your channels?

-antenna

-cable

-satellite

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?