Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How do I turn off SAP on my Sony TV. It connected to Comcast

Customer Question

How do I turn off SAP on my Sony TV. It connected to Comcast Cable and is model KDL32EX301. One day it started occurring on one channel not it has spread to more but not all.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: KDL32ex301 is the model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: maybe 7 years
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Serial number(###) ###-####software 1.513
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me how you are getting your tv channels? Basic cable (coax only) or do you have a comcast cable BOX connected?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have Comcast cable Box for HDTV Sony set. I have tried changing on the TV input MTS auto under Tools.. HDMI 3 Tools does not highlight MTS Auto. Also tried changing various cable Settings, but nothing seems to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.