Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

70" Directors Series Mdl. 70VX915 Serial V5L00076, 11 years

Customer Question

70" Directors Series Mdl. 70VX915 Serial V5L00076
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 11 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Shorts out, turns off, will then after a few minutes restarts by turning it on with the remote.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Has been doing it for months, at different intervals. Have replaced the lamp at least four times over the years but am not sure this caused the shorting out
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When it shorts out the red lights do not blink, the blue one does.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

When this issue happens what is the status of the lights on the front of the set please?as much info as you can about the lights particularly the lamp light and power-light as these are indicators as to the ailment of the set thanks let me know include color of the lights too please as well as if there is any blinking

Any pop up messages you may see are sent by the site not me, I am only available by chat myself (typing here)however if you take the phone call option another tech on the phone team may help