Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Only HDMI shows up on screen, Only HDMI shows up on screen,

Customer Question

Only HDMI shows up on screen
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Only HDMI shows up on screen
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unplugged the cord into power outlet, turned off the tv with the on/off button on set, and pullet out the HDMI connector cable briefly before plugging it back in.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic Viera. Serial # TC 26L X60
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No. Everything worked fine until over the weekend when I turned on the set and could only get the HDMI signal...nothing else.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?
Customer: Just the past couple of days. I'm not aware of anything specific before I turned off the tv Friday night.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers the problem...except I think this happened once before several months ago, but I don't know how it was resolved, although I do remember using your service.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please