TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Turn on tv on screen,. Turn on TV ON SCreen "Phillips" only.

Customer Question
Turn on tv on...

Turn on tv on screen Phillips

Technician's Assistant: What Philips model do you have? How old is it?

. Turn on TV ON SCreen "Phillips" only. I have direct TV. Remote does not change the screen. No way to get beyond Phillips screen. Around 4-5 years ago same problem. I was told to download " info" onto a flash drive and insert the flash drive into the port on the back of the tv. It fixed the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing comes on the screen unless I pull out the plug in th outlet, and re plug it then "PHILIPS" comes up on the black screen. The direct tv remote will not call anything up on the screen. I had this problem about 3 years ago and Philips service had me download from my computer to a flash drive

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
7/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you get me the full model number off of the back of the Philips set please?

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

Model 42PFL304DF7. 5 years???

Thank you. Offhand the Welcome logo staying stuck up on the screen is either bad software, or a faulty Mainboard. I am searching to see if there are any updates for the set now. Also, can you read my reply above about the offers??

is the computer too old to fix???

Hang on please. That model number isn't correct (perhaps one digit off)- it shows up in no searches (not even Google). So can you please carefully check and type the number here again.

Are you still with me here?

Louie, Technician