Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Power Only V03.03.11 block running across TV. 14 years.

Customer Question

Power Only V03.03.11 block running across TV
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 14 years. 47LG60
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. I tried both remotes - Direct TV and LG. Grandchild got hold of both remotes and TV worked last night until almost midnight and I have it on but the Power Only block runs across. I called Direct TV and we tired everything and they suggest I click on factory settings and I cannot find that.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just this morning
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Offhand that error code on an LG set indicates a software issue on the "Mainboard" of the TV- and generally requires replacement of that component to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please try those steps and send a reply back.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to get the set to power up normally? If not, can you get the MENU to display if you press MENU on the original LG remote?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to go to the television remote and hit input and then select HMD
for it to come on and then it comes on the the Power box is still running across the top.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay just to clarify- is the programming also on the screen in addition to that message?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay so, so now what do I do?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Forget it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Since you could not call me back, please cancel the callback. I have called a TV Repairman. Please take this charge off my credit card.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been charged for the phone call. Please remove it.