TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio Sound bar 4021e-ao connected to a new LG tv…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio Sound...
I have a Vizio Sound bar 4021e-ao connected to a new LG tv by optical cable. It's been working great for months but this evening the 2 lights for input 3 (optical input) began flashing rapidly and will not stop or play sound. I have reset. Checked all wires. What I find particularly odd is that I have a ps4 that connects to the tv through hdmi, and it also plays volume through the same optical line out from tv, no separate connections, and the PS4 plays sound just fine, but when switched back to the TV the lights flash rapidly and no sound. The PS4 has always been connected to the TV, and ive always run only the single optical line from tv to Dunbar, so nothing changed. It just stopped.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

When you say switched back to the tv, do you mean you are physically plugging the optical cord into the PS4 and it works, but when optical is connected to the tv it will not?
Or that you are keeping the optical plugged into the tv, just switching the input mode (on the LG) between ps4 and other tv functions (antenna, apps, etc)?

Keeping the optical plugged into the tv, just switching between tv input modes. The PS4 is connected with an HDMI cord to the tv. The TV is connected with optical cord to the sounbar. Those are the only two connections. I have no other devices connected to either. So the optical cord always stays plugged into the tv, I've never switched it between devices.

Thank you for clarifying,

go into the tv settings menu and look for the audio options or output format settings, and change that to pcm/stereo, then let me knows if the tv audio works at that point.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer