TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My onkyn receiver #ht-230 will not turn on goes to standby,

Customer Question
My onkyn receiver #ht-230...

My onkyn receiver #ht-230 will not turn on goes to standby

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

No dont have any speakers connected to it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

No speakers connected

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
7/31/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...onkyn receiver..."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Onkyo Ht-230

Appreciate the additional information.

Perhaps an HT-RC230? ...or an SKS-HT230?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HT-RC230

Have you tried a RESET of the HT-RC230?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do u reset it

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok tried reset manytimes still going to standby

As posted above, then it would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Great on the DIY!
Please post back with clear pictures of the internal circuitry. Click HERE.

These pictures would then serve as common references.