TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Aloha, I have a 40-inch Bravia that I bought early this year…

Customer Question
Aloha, I have a...

Aloha, I have a 40-inch Bravia that I bought early this year after I had returned a Samsung LCD TV at BestBuy, HI. This morning I've noticed that there is one black vertical line in the middle of the screen. (I was watching a video.) I

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I had to return twice to Best Buy. Fortunately I had an extended warranty; however, it happened less than 6 months. Anyhow, when I returned the second Samsung, I purchased a Sony Bravia by paying the balance. I purchased it this year.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just saw / noticed it this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

I turned it off because I had to go to work. Within the extended warranty program, they probably exchange to the new one not to pay the money; however, I am tired of getting the TV monitor to bring and explain the problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
7/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

In order to determine exactly what's causing the line- I need to ask for some more info.

1) What sources are connected to the TV (cable box, DVD, home theater receiver, etc.)?

2) How thick is that vertical line and does it display on ALL sources?

3) If you grab the original Sony remote and press the Home/MENU button- is that line still present over the MENU?

Please send a reply back and we can proceed.

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.