TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Remote is not working on vizio VS420LF1A, about 9 years old,

Customer Question
Remote is not working...

Remote is not working on vizio VS420LF1A

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 9 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Remote does not respond to anything we used the manual button on back to turn it on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I used it this morning, it was working fine and turned if off for the day and just now tried turning it on. We tried new batteries and still does not work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

No the serial # is LSPDWAJ4315346 if that helps

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
7/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If you try the power button directly on the TV itself, will the TV power on and function?

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

There are buttons on the right hand side of the TV- I'm simply trying to find out if those work to determine if the issue is the remote- or the TV itself. Let me know.